Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
richiemogs
My Device: Not Specified

Can't find entry point

I am working on a Blackberry App using Eclipse Galileo and all of a sudden I can't run the app in the simulator. There's nothing particularly strange about the app and until I closed Eclipse and started it again it was running perfectly fine. But now it won't run. The icon in the Downloads folder has gone to the default instead of the one we use for our app, and when I try and run it I get this error:

Error running [my app]: Can't find entry point.

I have tried everthing but can't for the life of me figure out what on earth is going on here. Again: all I did was restart Eclipse and have been unable to run the app ever since.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
richiemogs

Re: Can't find entry point

Can anyone help please? What is an entry point in any case?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
bealeb

I can't find it either

let you know when i find out

Please use plain text.
Developer
nitinverma274
My Device: 9550

Clean your Simulator and and Build and Debug your Application.

Or try for another Simulator.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press Kudo to say thank to developer.
Also Press the Accept as solution Button when u got the Solution.

Please use plain text.
Developer
MrBawn

Check your BlackBerry Packaging Console (at the bottom of the screen there's an icon of a blue computer screen with a down triangle next to it. Click that)

If you see the message "java.lang.StringBuilder: Warning!: No definition found", that might be the problem. I'm not sure where the problem comes from or how to solve it, but as a work around, you can find all references to the String + operator and replace them with StringBuffer.append.

Please use plain text.
Developer
bbdevguy

Try setting your Compiler compliance level to 1.4 (Window->Preferences->Java->Compiler). For some reason after installation my level was set to 1.6. Moving it down to 1.4 made the error go away for me.

Please use plain text.