Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Can't hit breakpoints on simulators using JDWP

Hi - looking for a little help on what could cause breakpoints to be missed while debugging to a simulator. I am using IntelliJ as well as Eclipse (without the bb plugin) to remote debug via the JDWP 4.3.0. Everything builds ok (no verification errors, etc), I have the cods and debug files loaded when I debug to simulator and the debugger attaches correctly when I start debugging. When I launch the app it goes right by all breakpoints as if I never set them. All breakpoints are in valid points of execution that should get hit. I have cleaned the simuluators as well and retried with no luck. I have tried with simulators from 4.2 up through 4.6 with same result.

When I try to debug using Eclipse _with_ the bb plugin I can hit breakpoints just fine. When I use the seperate JDWP from any other IDE, no luck at all. Output in the IDE claims to be connected to the JDWP ok and it launches the simulator when I connect. Output in JDWP console shows nothing coherent (to me at least) about debugging or my application.

I have also tried using the 4.5.0 JDWP - but that hangs indefinitely when the debugger is attaching and just seems to not work at all.

Using Eclipse with bb plugin is not really a long term solution for me - I need to use remote debug through IntelliJ if at all possible.

I am running on jdk 1.5 on Vista - though this problem also happens on XP.

Does anyone know what could be going wrong here?

Thanks in advance...

New Developer

Re: Can't hit breakpoints on simulators using JDWP

I am having the same problem, did you ever find a solution?
New Developer

Did either of you ever find a solution to this issue?
Developer

i dont know if this would help...but for the breaks points to encounter the project should be in active state..if its not the breakpoints will not be encountered...

Kaddy