Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
staticx99
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Can't run MDS simulator

I'm trying to test the HTTP Demo ... everything's workin fine but it return an error after trying to connect for a while (workin...) "java.io.InterruptedIOException: Local connection timed out after 120000"

The problem seems to be that the MDS Services Simulator isn't launched ... but when I try to launch it manually, the window opens and close immediatly after. I tried many "solutions" on this forum but nothing seems to work.

Thanks! 

Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: Can't run MDS simulator

Please use plain text.
Developer
staticx99

Tried this ... also tried to uninstall , reinstall everything ... the mds still pop and close immediatly after...

I need the blackberry browser to work in the simulator so it begins to be very annoying.

Thanks! 

Please use plain text.
Developer
filiussoft
My Device: Bold

I had a similar problem because the launch command was not working on my system.

open a command console and run the  'run.bat' file from the MDS folder and see what error you get displayed. 

For me it had somethign to do with the JAVA_HOME path so I just changed the run.bat to the following: 

@echo off call setBMDSEnv start cmd /v:on /c java -classpath !BMDS_CLASSPATH!;!BMDS_CLASSPATH2! -Xmx512M -DKeystore.Password=password net.rim.application.ipproxyservice.IPProxyServiceApplication -log.console.dump

----
If this helped you, press the thumbs up button (on the far right - '+' thumb icon)
If this post solved the issue, click "Accept as Solution"
Please use plain text.
Developer
staticx99

Got it!

Needed to reinstall eclipse plug-in even if I use JDE ... then rebooted, adjusted the path environnment variable , booted again and needed to start the mds alone before opening JDE.

Now it works just fine.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Musipoo
My Device: Bold 9900

I have exactly the same problem, I will try this too. But what do you mean by "adjusted the path environment variable"?

Cheers, Musipoo

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

The path environment variable is used by windows to specify the places it will look for executable programs, like java.  You will find it in the Control panel somewhere.  Search for information on changing this that is specific to your level of Windows. if you think you need to. 

As a test, if you open a command prompt and type

java -version

you should see the version of java you have installed.  If java is not recognized, then that is usually an indication that the path  is not set correctly to include wherever you have Java installed.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Musipoo

Alright, got the right path now and the mds web server started successfully. Thank you so much!

I wrote a small app communicating with our intranet but everytime I try to access the intranet service in the simulator in Eclipse i get an Error: "App Error 104 Uncaught: RuntimeException". Also when I try to open an intrent page on the browser it says "Unable to connect to the internet..". The MDS log always displays new messages so it's obviously doing something, but what's wrong now?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Start a new Thread with a new questions.

The 104 is a generic message - I suspect that your app has something like a null pointer exception.  If you debug the app, it should stop at that failure point, rather than giving you the 104.

The Browser does require the MDS to be working properly.  If you can't get through, look at the MDS log (the text it dumps out) to see if you see anything sensible.  But there are some common issues with the MDS Simulator, most notably around proxy servers.  To search the forum (see search box near top right) for similar problems, it may well be something that someone else has had previously. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Musipoo

Yeah good idea, thanks again!

I figured out it's an authorization problem and I opened a new thread for it.

http://208.74.204.192/t5/Testing-and-Deployment/How-to-use-the-MDS-Simulator-for-intranet-accesss-wi...

Please use plain text.