Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
nikita18
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Can't sign app..Error preverifying class..

Hello everyone. I'm getting this strange problem I can't seem to find a soluition of. I have included net_rim_bb_qm_platform.jar in my project with the help of the following method:

1. In Eclipse, open the BlackBerry Application Development perspective.
2. Click File > New > BlackBerry Project.
3. In the New BlackBerry Project dialog box, in the Project Name field, type a name for your project.
4. In the JRE section, make sure you select a BlackBerry JRE that is version 5.0 or later, and click Finish.
5. In the Package Explorer view, right-click the project and click Properties.
6. In the Properties dialog box, in the left pane, click Java Build Path.
7. Click the Libraries tab.
8. Click the Add External JARs button.
9. Navigate to the folder where you extracted the BlackBerry Messenger SDK file,. In the BBM SDK folder, doubleclick
net_rim_bb_qm_platform.jar.
10. Click Next.
11. In the properties window, click OK.
12. When you are ready to build your project, on the Project menu, click BlackBerry > Package All.

But this method creates a tempXXXXX folder everytime I sign my app and there appears an Error (X) mark on the project folder. And the console says:

Error!: Error: preverifier failed: C:\Eclipse\plugins\net.rim.ejde.componentpack7.1.0_7.1.0.10\components\bin\preverify.exe -d C:\Users\ ...
Packaging project MyBBMApp failed (took 1.285 seconds)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Can't sign app..Error preverifying class..

Check the following:

1. In the Package Explorer view, right-click the project and click Properties.
2. In the Properties dialog box, in the left pane, click Java Build Path.

3. Click the Order and Export

4. Tell us what jars you are trying to include with your application - the ones that are checked.  You should NOT have checked BBM or the JRE. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
nikita18

[ Edited ]

Yes, I had not checked those two you mentioned. Thanks a lot peter. But now its showing the following error:

Description Resource Path Location Type
D:\Demos\MyBBMApp\MyBBMApp\res\BBM SDK v1.3 for BlackBerry Java\BBM SDK 1.3\net_rim_bb_qm_platform.jar can not be exported because some class in it was eviscerated (content of a class file was removed). MyBBMApp line 0 BlackBerry Packaging Problem

What should I do now? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Sorry I obviously was not clear. 

The message you are now getting is becuase you have checked the flags.  They should NOT be checked.  Repeat NOT checked.  You do not want to Export these jars.

So uncheck them and tell us what jars you have in the list that are checked, in other words are being exported. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
nikita18

[ Edited ]

Okay. I have now uncheched those I had checked. In the Order and Export tab, "MyBBMApp/src" and "MyBBMApp/res"  are checked. And I have my net_rim_bb_qm_platform.jar in my MyBBMApp/res folder. What next? 

Please use plain text.