Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Cannot clean Storm Simulator

I cannot clear my applications from the Storm Simulator.

There is not a clean.bat with it.

Uninstalling and reinstalling _still_ leave my 2 apps in it.

I built the apps using the Eclipse plugin.

When trying to clean it, I am running it stand alone.

(I could not get it to clean from inside of Eclipse, so I decided to stop trying until I could get the stand alone run to be cleaned out).

I searched for all instances of my apps cod files, and delete all of them, and the apps are still there.

When I run the simulator I find my apps under "Downloads".

Any clues?

Thank You 

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Cannot clean Storm Simulator

One other thing I am using Vista.

I have been able to successfully clear it now.

Some things to note:

1) Vista doesn't generally allow programs to write in the Program Files directory, instead it writes files to a shadow directory (to allow backwards compatibility with programs that require writing to Program Files), and then it makes the program think the version of files in the shadow directory are in the real Programs Files directory (or some subdirectory under it, where ever they should be).

2) I cleaned out the shadow directory after uninstalling the simulator, but for some reason the simulator was not clearing.

What did work for me was after uninstalling another time and removing the shadow directories as well, I installed the simulator to a new directory I made (and since it was not the Program Files directory, Vista will allow it to change without writing shadow files).  So far it is clean, I will back up that directory and try deleting it and replacing it with the backup the next time I need to clear it.