Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Cannot debug into Eclipse

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm trying to debug an application into a real BlackBerry device. I'm using Eclipse for a 8703e with the OS 4.2.1.110.

When I run the debug option, it tell me that I miss the file net_rim_app_manager.debug . I saw on the forum that I need to browse to the simulator folder and select the right file. I tried with all simulator version and Eclipse still telling me that I don't have the good file. I read elsewhere that I need the exact os version of simulator, but it doesn't exist of RIM website. I use the version 4.1.0.359 to have the simulator for the 8703e.

If I ignore the error message, like i read in another post, the debug is starting but my breakpoints isn't working.

What can I do? Any ideas? I really need to debug on the real device, cause all is working on the simulator but I have problem into the real device.

Thx

Developer

Re: Cannot debug into Eclipse

Have you tried ignoring all these errors? In JDE there's the "Don't Ask Again" button. I don't use BlackBerry Plug-In for Eclipse, so I don't know what options it offers...

New Developer

Like I said, if I ignore the error message, the debug is starting but my breakpoints isn't working. Don't know if it have a link between these...

Thx

New Developer

I found the problem!!!! The version installed wasn't totally the same (only an ip address into a HttpConnection change) so the debuger don't use breakpoint.

For all people that will have this problem, be sure to have the exact same version of application installed and use into Eclipse (don't add a space on a line!).

Thx for the support

Developer

[ Edited ]

Yes, unfortunately it's a known issue that's been there since the old days of JDE v4.0 (if not earlier). I'm not sure why RIM still haven't added a quick check to warn that the modules on the device don't match the .debug files in the JDE/Eclipse/simulator directory. May be they can't easly guess which modules you are interested in... Although it shouldn't be hard to assume that it's the modules in the active workspace or that it's the modules where breakpoints are currently set.

New Developer
New Developer
My Device: dev alpha c (bb10)

working configuration known for debuging ? Re: Cannot debug into Eclipse

Actually breakpoints are working but i cant not watch variable and do steping .. breakpoint must be set before build too ...

I used :

BlackBerry_JDE_PluginFull_1.1.1.200911111641-15.exe

eclipse-pulsar-galileo-SR1-win32.zip

sun_java_me_sdk-3_0-win.exe

Is there a better working configuration known for debuging ?

Developer

Re: working configuration known for debuging ? Re: Cannot debug into Eclipse

"Actually breakpoints are working but i cant not watch variable and do steping"

Not entirely true, you can see the variables if you put them in print statements. System.out.println and check the output console :smileyhappy:

You can set the break points after the build, it doesn't make a difference

New Developer
New Developer
My Device: dev alpha c (bb10)