Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
yespay
My Device: bold 9900

Card reading in bold9900 using NFC

I am using the sample application provided by blackberry, "nfcreaderdemo", to read a magstripe card. The application works fine when used separately.

But when I integrate it with my application it gives a "ControlledAccessException". I've also set all the permissions as specified in some forums.

But I am still not able to run the application. I see no solution of this exception.

Please tell me the solution to avoid the exception.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Card reading in bold9900 using NFC

Are you testing in the BlackBerry smartphone simulator or on a real device?  If it is a real device, how was the application installed?

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Contributor
yespay
My Device: bold 9900

We are running on bold 9900 as I mentioned, and we used debugging function of eclipse to test the app on device.

The nfc reading app runs smoothly when run alone but gives the exception when integrated with another app.

Thanks in advance

MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Using the Run/Debug As or Load onto Device features of Eclipse can cause issues with application permissions, which lead to false ControlledAccessExceptions.  Try loading through any other means (other than javaloader and specifying the COD file names).

This should be fixed in the next update of our plug-in.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Retired
mwoolley
My Device: Z10

This is probably caused by a known issue which is fixed in later device software builds:

- 9900 (Bold): fixed in OS version 7.0.0.337 (bundle 1603)
- 9360 (Curve) fixed at 7.0.0.360 (bundle 1699).

See http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Listener-belongs-to-another-application-modu...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim