Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100
Accepted Solution

Carrier Specific Simulators

Is RIM going to continue to release simulators that are carrier specific as they have done in the past. If not, is it possible for me to customize a simulator for a specific carrier? If so, how? I am not concerned with the exterior branding on the device so much as the carrier specific themes.

I provide my help desk with simulators for the specific carriers we use as support tools. The help desk doesn't have any physical devices and are generally unfamiliar with them. Thus the simulators are extremely helpful when guiding customers from screen to screen on an unfamiliar device. Since a lot of carriers use custom themes having a simulator that properly reflects the differences is perferred.

Thanks,

Doug

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Carrier Specific Simulators

Yes, RIM is planning to continue to release carrier specific BlackBerry Simulators.

There is no supported mechanism to customize a BlackBerry Simulator for a specific carrier.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
zwheeloc
My Device: 8830

Re: Carrier Specific Simulators

MSohm wrote:

Yes, RIM is planning to continue to release carrier specific BlackBerry Simulators.

There is no supported mechanism to customize a BlackBerry Simulator for a specific carrier.

Sorry to dredge this topic up again, but is it possible to have a single application for the simulators, use plug-ins for the different carriers/os levels/bb models/etc rather than downloading different simulators for all the models?