Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
ingvar_e
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700
My Carrier: Movistar, Telenor

Change code signing keys

I want to change the code signing keys. I have got the 3 .CSI files. I have clicked on them and followed the procedure described in the mail used tos send the .ccsi files

When I try to sign it is still the old keys being used. I tried the program "Blackberry Password based code signing authority". None o the 2 options "File Signer" and "Private Key Administration" gives me a choice of  keys to use.  Obviously there is some step that I have not performed.

If everything seems to be under control, you're just not driving fast enough
-Mario Andretti-
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Change code signing keys

The BlackBerry Signing Authority software is use to sign using your own custom keys, not the code signing keys (.csi files) you receive from RIM.

Is it correct that you have received 3 new .csi files from RIM and wish to install them and that they have not yet been installed?  If so, search your PC and delete the files below that are found within the installation directories of the various BlackBerry development tools.  Note that I recommend backing these files up before deleting.

sigtool.csk

sigtool.db

sigtool.set

This will remove your old keys from your PC.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
ingvar_e
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700
My Carrier: Movistar, Telenor

Re: Change code signing keys

Sorry about the confusion about termonology. I have installed the new keys. After I posted this thread I discovered that if I double click on the .cod files signing will be done with my new keys so I have used that technique. However when I start the BlackBerry Signing Authority software it shows the name for the old keys.

If everything seems to be under control, you're just not driving fast enough
-Mario Andretti-
Please use plain text.