Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
dsouzvi
My Device: Not Specified

Changing Security Settings...

Hi Guys,

Is it possbile the change the TLS Default from Proxy to Handheld prgrammatically?  The reason I am asking this is, what i noticed is, whenever there is no cell coverage but there WiFi, for some reason the connection is keep timing out but when i changed the above settings to HandHeld  it seems like working lot better.

PS: I have the test phone Curve 8900 without the Carrier, it is just on WiFi right now.

Also, I am trying the connect the C# Web Services via HTTPS. 

My another question is I have to try swtiching to Socket and see if i see any difference but in the Socket connection examples its telling me to specify the port number.  Since I am new to these areas, could anyone tell me, is there a separate port for socket connection other than what is used as default for HTTPS connection which is 443?

Any help would greatly apprecaited.

Thanks,

vincent

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Changing Security Settings...

no.

you can write it into the users handbook

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
dsouzvi

Thanks Simon for your quick response.

But could you explain little more please or any example and what is the impact of writing to the user handbook?

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain

things that can only be changed by the user are most useful when written into the user handbook (so the user knows that he should change them). you can also use a popup or similar to tell the user about it.

feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
dsouzvi

I think now I am getting it.  When you say write to the handbook meaning writing to the application manual, is that right?

Thanks for the response.

Do you know anything about my second question, or do i have to open it in separate thread?

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain

yes. seems handbook is not the first choice word for a manual, then :smileyhappy:

i am not a native speaker, did my Cambridge certificates but  sometimes the finer aspects elude me.

@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
dsouzvi

[ Edited ]

no the difference between us was I was thinking technology perspective and you were thinking globally.  My thinking was filtered and yours wasn't :smileyhappy:

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Please use plain text.