Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Changing myPortal and myHelpdesk applications

Hello Everyone,

I'm honestly not a developer, but a BES admin. Although, I have had great success with implementing the myPortal and myHelpdesk canned applications from article http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/browser_dev@tkb/article-id/101

What I would like to do is have a second implementation of MyHelpdesk, for local numbers, ie our helpdesk 1-800 number will ask the user to call a local number if you are within a specific region.

The problem is that I have given the local version a new name, and version number, but the BES will not take it because it outputs MyHelpdesk.cod has the file, which has already been added as software.

Is there a simple way to rename the output files in the delieverables section to MyHelpDeskLocal or something like that?

Cheers, and thanks for all the help.

Jeremy

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Changing myPortal and myHelpdesk applications

Hi Jeremy,

Your best option would be to create a new project, with a new name using the same source files then change path to something else.

The new project will allow you to maintain the 2 different apps and give them different icons.

The change to package structure will allow it to be seen as a different application.

Cheers,

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor

I must be doing something wrong. I have tried this several different ways, but I always end up with the MyHelpdesk.cod at the end. The BES sees this has an upgrade and will replace the app on the handheld... I'm stumped.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Did you create a new project with a new name? Did you change the application name in the descriptor XML file?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Contributor

Thank you, I have it working now.