Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: blackberry developer trainee

Checkboxes in same row

Hi ,

I have to give 2 checkboxes with image in the same row, not in the bottom with clickable propertis.

when iam giving in veriticalfield manager, the clickable prperty is not coming

but when im giving in horizontalfield manager,its coming at the bottom only?

how i can fix it?

can anybody help me for this one?

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Checkboxes in same row

use a custom layout:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Create-a-custom-layout-manager-for-a-screen/...
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: blackberry developer trainee

That was not the answer for my question.

iam asking to create two buttons in same row,not in bottom

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

I suspect you will find that Simon has in fact given you a correct answer.  However I also suspect he, like me, is a bit confused by your question. 

The usual problem when attempting to line things up beside each other is that the Manager will always allocate the full width of the screen to the Field.  Using a Customer Manager which knows how wide to make the Field solves this problem.  That is the question I thought you were asking.

However it might not be. 

I really don't know what this means:

"have to give 2 checkboxes with image in the same row, not in the bottom with clickable properties"

I take it the checkbox with image is something you have done?  I don't remember seeing on in the provided Fields.  But I am not clear what you mean by 'bottom', nor am I clear what you mean by clickable properties.

In your situation I would try standard Fields and see if the same problem occurs.  If it does then you can post that code and we can all run it and help you get it working. 

Assuming it does work, then slowly integrate the changes that you have made until you find out where the problem occurs. 

If I was guessing I would say that you have a bug in your checkbox with Image, and the Image is meaning the Field takes up more vertical space than you expect.  But that is only an guess.