Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
gleighfield
My Device: 9700

Class 'net.rim.device.api.ui.ScrollView' not found in JDE 5???

Im having some major problems trying to get my JDE 5.0 working.

After a complete loss of all data, i downloaded and installed (by accident) JDE 6.0. I uninstalled this, and then installed JDE 5.0.

However when I go to run my applicaton in my simulator, its still crashing out and giving me the "Class 'net.rim.device.api.ui.ScrollView' not found in JDE 5".

What I have installed is as follows :

Blackberry JDE 5.0.0

Blackberry Smartphone Simulators 5.0.0.545 (9700)

J2SE Development Kit 5.0 Update 22

J2SE Runtime Enviroment 5.0 update 22

Java 6 Update 27

Java 7

Any help would be greatly apprciated. I need to get this project done and dusted ASAP and I currently am stuck!!!

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Class 'net.rim.device.api.ui.ScrollView' not found in JDE 5???

ScrollView
Since:
BlackBerry API 6.0.0

remove all references to the class from your code and compile it with 5.0

any reason why you don't use the eclipse plugin?
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Contributor
gleighfield

I dont have any call to scrollview at all within my code at all. Before my PC wiped, it was compiling fine with no isses at all.

Also, Im not using eclipse, Im using the Blackberry JDE 5.0

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

the version you are trying to run on the simulator has a reference to ScrollView, otherwise it would not display this error

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Contributor
gleighfield

There is NO reference to this code ANYWHERE in my project. None at all. Like i said, before, it worked fine.

Developer
Hithredin
My Device: Z10 Red

In eclipse are you certain that you don't compile with 6.0.0? 

If so... reinstall fully the last version of eclipse from RIM dev site, sometimes eclipse just does weird things. It takes less time than before to reinstall.

Contributor
Pri-Machine
My Device: Non Blackberry User

1. this issue come only when your code using classes which are not supported in your device os i.e. os5, try to upgrade OS of your device then try(think what u want first because this is non reversible case as i know, once you upgrade to os6 u can't get back to os5)

2. other reason is somewhere ur using classes which are not supported in OS5, for which i suggest you must go through each & every line again & check is it the case.

3. It's not about using scrollview class, if you have accidentally imported them then also it can happen.

4. you can also check for Manager you are using in constructor for your screen class. we called super(view we want), u can try super(DEFAULT_CLOSE); instead & check. I faced it before & solved it successfully, u also can :Yes:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Please press the kudos button (star icon) on the left side to thank the user that helped you.
2. Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
- Paresh Indulkar
(Game Programmer at Synqua Games)
(Developer of games - BBM Cricket with Friends & Word Poker with Friends :smileyvery-happy: )
New Contributor
chukxx
My Device: Bold 9900

[ Edited ]

I have similar problem with a webworks app. It runs perfectly on 9300 OS 5 [Simulator] but gives the error above in an 8520 OS 5 [Device]

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Are you sure that this is the same problem?  ScrollView was not introduced until OS 6.0. 

But I suggest that you be better asking a WebWorks related question here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Web-and-WebWorks-Development/bd-p/browser_dev

New Contributor
chukxx
My Device: Bold 9900

I have the same problem with another application (not webworks), The error started when I included the BBM Connected feature. So far i have experienced the error only on this particular 8520 OS 5.0.0.1036 device. I have a feeling that the device is to blame since it worked on another OS 5 device and users on appworld have given only positive responses to the application