Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
maustin75
My Device: Not Specified

Closing the camera application with code.

I've read a few forum posts and looked at some sample code but it seems everytime someone posts about this in a forum or does test code it comes out the same..

- use EventInjector for escape keys with sleeping thread or something

- use EventInjector with resulting ControlledAccessException happening

- or some people say it you can't do it

Ok! can someone give me a camera class or something that actually works?? Is there a blackberry app out there that actually works by taking a picture then closing and going back to the application that invoked the camera? OR It really is not possible and the user must hit excape?

I know 4.6 has advanced apis but this has to work on 8300..etc..

I'm hoping for a good answer so that I can move on.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Closing the camera application with code.

You have listed the available options.  There are no APIs to close the camera application directly.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
maustin75
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Closing the camera application with code.

Thanks for the reply but this is the kind of answer that I keep seeing.. What I'm trying to get is a working copy of code that uses one of these options. I keep seeing that it's an option but can't get it to work "reliably". I guess I'm looking for a simple working code solution using the key injection option. Seems like just saying to use that options isn't getting anyone very far. I'm not conviced yet that it IS an option.

So are you saying that there are applications out there using sdk 4.2 and making the camera app work like I'm suggesting? Can you name me one or two?

Thanks

Please use plain text.