Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
RexDoug
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Code Signing - Different version of JDE

I am back-porting a 4.2 application to 4.0. I copied the sigtool files from the 4.2 JDE "bin" directory to the 4.0 JDE "bin" directory. However, when I attempt to sign the COD files, the operation fails. The "detail" says:

"The signature on the code signing request didn't verify.  The likely cause of this problem is entering an incorrect password."

The password is correct, and verified several times. Is there some other reason for this to fail? Am I missing a step when moving the sigtool files from 4.2 back to 4.0?

The original JDE (that the app was developed on) was 4.2.1. The one that I'm trying to sign on is 4.0.2.

Please use plain text.
Developer
javec

Re: Code Signing - Different version of JDE

When you requested the signature keys, you received an eMail with the 3 signature files to install (*.csi-filetyp). Just try to install those files again; then it might work. That's how I would do it.
If your question was answered, please accept it as a sollution and / or give Kudos ;-)
richard_puckett
My Device: Bold 9700

What I would do is install JDE 4.3 (or greater) so you can get the "-p" switch with SignatureTool (which allows you to provide a password on the command line).  Then either copy your sigtool.* files over, or request new keys from RIM.  Then, use the new SignatureTool to do all your code signings - it will work with all older versions of the JDE.

In my build system I have one property pointing to the OS I'm developing for and one property always pointed at my 4.3 install which I use to sign all my artifacts.

Please use plain text.
Developer
RexDoug

Update on this issue: I got the sigtool files from another (older) machine, from the 4.0 JDE/bin directory, copied them into my new 4.0.2/bin directory, and all is well.

My (unsubstantiated) conclusion is that you can move these files "up" level to a newer JDE version, but moving "down" level is not guarenteed to work because there have been some file changes made between 4.0 and present.

Perhaps RIM folks might have an official ruling on this.

-de

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

This link explains the changes that occured in version 4.3.0.  This is the only version of the BlackBerry JDE/Component Pack where the format of these files changed.

What Is - Signature Key format changes in BlackBerry JDE 4.3.0
Article Number: DB-00639

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800738/800989/What_Is...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.