Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
kokuryu
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Code Signing no longer works, JAD file not produced when manually signed

Hi!

For some reason, the Code Signing all of a sudden no longer does anything at all when selected from the IDE.

I was using the IDE 4.2.1

I am now using IDE 4.6.0

The problem started when I was using IDE 4.2.1 - just out of the blue, the code signing would no longer work AT ALL.

Now using the new IDE 4.6.0, I can manually start the code signing and get a signed COD file in the end, but no JAD file is produced - which is essential for OTA installations.

How do I get this to work right again?

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Code Signing no longer works, JAD file not produced when manually signed

Can you elaborate on what you are seeing?  Is the SignatureTool not being launched from the BlackBerry JDE or does it fail to obtain signature keys?  Note that the SignatureTool only signs projects that are marked as active.  If there are no active projects, the SignatureTool is not launched.

A JAD file is created when the application is built, not when it is signed.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
kokuryu

The signature tool is being launched, but then exits immediately without doing anything.  No error messages are generated, no popup window shows up, and it does not ask you to select what you will be obtaining signature keys for.

Regarding the JAD file, what could cause the JAD file to NOT be created when the application is built?

MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

If a JAD file has been added to the project, it is not updated when the application is built.  Otherwise it should be created.  Has your Java environment been configured properly?  Do you get any errors when building the application?

What Is – Supported versions of Java for different BlackBerry JDE versions
Article Number: DB-00568

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800901/What_Is_-_Supp...

Please see the following links in regards to the SignatureTool issue.

Support - Signature Tool fails to launch after configuring a proxy server
Article Number: DB-00657

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800989/Support_-_Sign...

What Is - SignatureTool immediately disappears after selecting the COD file to sign
Article Number: DB-00103

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800989/Support_-_Sign...

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
kokuryu

While reviewing everything once again, I found a single entry under the project properties to "always make project active", selected it, and now it builds the JAD file and the signing tool pops up properly.  Manually selecting the project as active does not make it work.  This may be a bug.

BlackBerry JDE 4.6.0.12

Anyways, THANKS!   This is all working once again!  I can breath a sigh of relief here!