Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
tkorpos
My Device: Not Specified

Code Signing on Linux

Quick question: is it possible to sign BlackBerry Java code on Linux? I guess this translates to whether the BlackBerry JDE works on Linux as that is needed for the signing process AND that the signing key is compatible with Linux. Anybody tried this before?

Developer
haagmm

Re: Code Signing on Linux

I have not done so my self, but there is a discussion here.  It strikes me as kinda DIY but if your interested : http://www.slashdev.ca/2008/03/16/using-sigtool-in-linux/
Developer
tmountain

Yes, it works. I do it all day long. Install this first:

http://bb-ant-tools.sourceforge.net/

Then just setup an ant task as follows:

<target name="sigtool" depends="build">
  <sigtool password="xxxxxxxx" jdehome="${jde.home}" codfile="build/${cod.name}.cod" />
</target>

You need the appropriate sigtool files (already validated in Windows) to be placed inside ${jde.home}/bin.

HTH,

Travis

New Developer
tkorpos

haagmm, tmountain, you guys are amazing with your quick answer! What wasn't that fast is getting the signature keys but finally I have them on my Ubuntu box.

Now, the next question is, this initial step, registering the keys with the Signing Authority,

- Can be done from Linux?

- Has to be done from Windows?

If the latter, it

- Has to be the same machine, i.e. on a dual boot system I first log in to Windows, register the keys and then boot Linux and good to go?

- Or can I (both technically and legally) register on one box and use the keys on the other?

Thank you!