Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Code sign error: Appending a signature to the following file will cause it to be larger than the maximum sibling code file size

[ Edited ]

I have around 20 cod files and signing have been fine until now .

Error:

Appending a signature to the following file will cause it to be larger than the maximum sibling code file size. Signing abort 

c:\[sign tool path]\[application]-2.cod

1. Anyone experienced this before? looks like my cod file is at the file limit and appending the signature information just pushs it off the limit. Is there some kind of KB article regarding to this error?

2. Is there a way i can look into the cod file and see if a certain class is getting too big? I tried rename and unzip the code but can't really open it. Doesn't look like a proper compressed file.

Appreciate your respond.

JChow

BlackBerry Development Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Code sign error: Appending a signature to the following file will cause it to be larger than the maximum sibling code file size

You can use the following optional rapc parameters to reduce the size of your COD files.

-datafull=NNNN
    Use NNNN as the limit to how much data goes into a sibling .cod file before a new sibling is started, default 61440.

-slicesize=NNNN
    Use NNNN as the slice size associated with a large binary resource file, default is 8192.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer

Re: Code sign error: Appending a signature to the following file will cause it to be larger than the maximum sibling code file size

Hi,

I am facing the same problem,  but I didn't understand the solution told by MSohm. Can you please elaborate what should I have to do?

Thanks

Developer

can you please tell us how to use this in Eclipse?