Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Regular Contributor
rampelotti
My Device: 9000 Bold
My Carrier: SAP NetWeaver Mobile Technology Consultant
Accepted Solution

Components like WES 2010 application

Hello Experts!

I have some doubts, i changed the background image when my menu item received the focus, but it is so slow, i would like to make a menu like WES 2010 application, anyone have an idea how to do it? performatically like WES 2010 application...

One more doubt: I would like to do the same listField used in WES2010 application, i did some tests but it haven´t the auto scroll that field have. Anyone have any idea?

Best regards, Rampelotti.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
rampelotti

Re: Components like WES 2010 application

Nobody?

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

I've not seen it, can you show us some screen shots?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
rampelotti

Hi peter_strange!

Thanks for reply, i have this app on my device, i installed some time ago throught app world.

Do you know some software to get screenshot of a connected device?

Regards, Rampelotti.

Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.2174, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.0.700 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.0.700 Dev OS, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Plug it in to your computer and run the... darn, I can't remember the name of the executable. It comes with the JDE and Eclipse plugin, located in the bin folder. Run that and it has a screenshot argument you can use to get a screenshot.

EDIT: Found it, JavaLoader.exe... how did I forget that? Either way it would be "JavaLoader -usb screenshot <BMP file name>"

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
rampelotti

Hi rcmaniac25, thanks for reply i did with bbScreen, but it doesn´t work fine with Windows Seven rsrs, i connected on another computer and taked the pictures...

Thanks a lot for your attention.

Regards, Rampelotti

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
rampelotti

[ Edited ]

Hello peter_strange!

Well you requested some screens, i gotcha. I display on order:

The first doubt that i was talk about is listbox with animations, on this application, i have some lists :

2661iACAFBB86EBAB09EC

Well, when i roll down the trackwhell, the animation that i need some sugestions to do is:

2662i23C28360210A67E9

We can observe the last focused item, it maked their rectangle focus with alpha decreasing, and the new focused item, started to paint a rectangle with alpha increasing, i have an idea how to do it using invoke later and threads but it is so poor because the device has more process to make and it do problems to rendering.

Any idea?

This application have another type of animation, this screen have a pages of information, when i roll trackwhell to right or left, the comportment is:

First state:

2663i3ACF9A728427DFA2

And now with roll right:

2664i7C6BF8E74483C702

Finally end state:

2665i42158341F7CFF628

The second doubt, is the performance to change background image, when i change button focus, like as menu, this application have the same functionality that i want.

The screens:

2666i75D8728E734EE1AE

When i change the button, disappear the background slowly making appear the new image:

2667i3E9CEA9AF53882FA

Well, it´s work perfect so fast, i make similar functionality, but i used some threads and i have stored images on memory, but if i take to do a 7 menu itens or more, my performace decrease a lot.

Any suggestions?

Regards, Rampelotti

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Very interesting.  Looks like a nice GUI...

First things, just for next time, you can try Capture It to get Screen shots.  Very nice little tool.  Download from here:

http://www.thetechmogul.com/

Regarding your app, there appear to be two general UI 'trick's you are trying to recreate

a) The transition of focus from one item to another, where the focus appears to fade in the newly focused Fidel and fade out of the previously focused Field.  You see this in working in two directions, when you scroll sideways, it happens on the top 'date bar', when you scroll down it happens on the items.

b) The speed of changing the background picture when the focus is moved.

I would like to see what other people say, but my immediate reaction to both of these is that the screens you are seeing are not displayed using standard RIM Fields and Managers.  I think they are both being generated as Bitmaps and displayed as such. 

(b) is an easier example of this.  Do you think that the application created full screen bitmaps for each of the screens and 'button' positions, then changed the bitmap displayed based on navigationMovement.  Do you think that would work?

(a) is more complicated, but given that there are variable sized list items, I'm suspecting this is not a ListField, thought it is a very similarly constructed Field.  But again, I suspect that they create a final Bitmap for the entire screen and fade it in, rather than trying to do this on a Field basis.  So some pretty complicated code in here. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.2174, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.0.700 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.0.700 Dev OS, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

I have to agree with @peter on the Bitmap display.

I played around with the app when it came out and think that the buttons are definitly Fields but that they might have something like a listener so that when they get focus they alert the listener and this changes the background.

I don't actually think it is that complicated but I haven't tried to do anything like it... yet.

WIll play around and see what I can do.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
rampelotti

Hello peter_strange!

Good points here!

Ok, on my opinion, working with bitmaps, is so expensive, the device has a lot of process, so using bitmap such as field, i never see it.

Do you have a sample to show it?

The suspect ListField is more intrigant component, him comportment  is so easy to use.

I´m waiting, for more opinion...

Regards, Rampelotti.

Please use plain text.