Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
mantaker
My Device: Torch 9810
Accepted Solution

Configuration that makes your application come under Applications folder - Version 4.6 and above..

Dear developers,

I want to know how to make a 3rd party application come under Applications folder instead of Downloads folder (maybe when OTA install).. What is the configuration that makes this behaviour? I knew about setting position on home screen but that will get preference with the downloads folder alone ..

This is not an unachievable thing since I just saw an application called Documents to go.. I installed it OTA, three different applications was referenced with that jad(I knew referencing many cod files in a single jad) .. But what I wondered is that those three applications came inside the Applications folder instead..

Hope someone might came across this ..

Thanks.. 

--
Manimaran Selvan
Co-Founder, Tech Lead,
Equity Markets Research Group
Developer
RexDoug
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Configuration that makes your application come under Applications folder - Version 4.6 and above

This question has been asked and the answer from RIM is always that there is no support for this in 3rd-party apps.

Developer
mantaker

Re: Configuration that makes your application come under Applications folder - Version 4.6 and above

But how come documents to go 

http://www.dataviz.com/products/documentstogo/blackberry/

Have a look at the above application... It is a third party application and I'm sure about this .. How come?

Cheers.. 

--
Manimaran Selvan
Co-Founder, Tech Lead,
Developer
RexDoug
My Device: Not Specified

I didn't say it can't be done.  :smileyhappy:

I guess that if RIM (or the carrier) places your application on their distribution, they'll put it wherever they want to.

For the rest of us, we are banished to the downloads folder.

Developer
mantaker

I agree with your comments RexDoug, even that was I had already known :smileyhappy:.. But I want atleast one RIM people to confirm it .. Let Mark or some other Blackberry Development Advisor make a comment.. Till that let your comment be the solution..

Cheers...

--
Manimaran Selvan
Co-Founder, Tech Lead,
BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

RexDoug is correct.  Applications can not control the folder they appear in.  This is controlled by the active theme on the BlackBerry handheld.  Themes can create any sort of folder and application structure they wish.  A theme also specifies where third party applications icons will appear.

Documents to Go is included in BlackBerry handheld software version 4.5.0 and higher.  Therefore it's icon is "themeable" (the theme can specify its location).

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
mantaker

Thanks for your reply mark.. Special thanks to RexDoug .. :smileyhappy:
--
Manimaran Selvan
Co-Founder, Tech Lead,