If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

deep1931
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: vodafone

Confusion about Blackberry Sqlite db or Persistent Store

i am very confused about use of db or persistent store, if i use db then i have to store it on mmc because i have read some where that all BB devices do not allow to store db in phone memory, if i make db on mmc then user can delete it, and the second approach is Persistent Store, but it is not easy to manipulate when we have large amount of data, how can manage tons of keys to retrieve and store data in persistent store, and how can i perform delete,edit operation on persistent stored data. Do not know what to, very much confused. Which approach will be best and what will the mechanism. kindly suggest.

deepsan
Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Confusion about Blackberry Sqlite db or Persistent Store

welcome to the support forum.

i don't know your requirements, but it sounds as if sqlite is your best bet.

If your application states that it needs the db on the sd card no user would be surprised to see it only displaying an error message if none is present. well, i guess some would, but you cannot do anything for them :smileywink:
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
deep1931
My Device: 9300 curve
My Carrier: vodafone

is it possible to make db on phone memory, because i dnt want that memory shuld be mandatory for application.

deepsan
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Yes, on some phones, but not all support this.  Personally I just use SD Card and then the applications actions are consistent across the range. 

Please use plain text.