Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
robybd
My Device: 9000(Bold)

Re: Connection Closed Exception Blackberry Bold

Hello, first of all thanks for the continues support i really appreciate it!

Regrading your suggestion, i will ask the user with the problematic device to verify it but i would like

to know what exactly he should ask the carrier because i'm not so sure myself.

Also, can you please explain me, for similiar issues in the future, how is it possible for the carrier to prevent

my app. from opening a socket to a server which the user can access from his Web browser, as i mentioned

earlier- the user can reach the server from the Web browser but the app. receives the close event from the system.

Thanks.

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

When you use deviceside=true you are directing the connection over the APN specified under the Options or from within the Connector.open method itself.

The BlackBerry Browser connects through a BlackBerry Enterprise Server to the destination server.

The Internet Browser connects through the BlackBerry Internet Service to the destination server.

The WAP Browser connects over the carrier's WAP Gateway to the destination server.

All 4 of these options take different routes to get to their destination and a carrier can enable or disable any one of those routes for a given user.

So testing in a browser only tests one possible path, which may not match the one your application is using.

Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
robybd

Ok, i think i understand much better now the different type of connections.

But i just need to ask you one more question, what exactly should the user ask his carrier (earlier you mentioned he should verify the carrier doesn't disaalow such a connection)?

Thanks.

MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

They should verify they have access to the service being used.  For example, if you are making a direct TCP connection over APN abc.xyz.com they can verify with the carrier that their account has access to the abc.xyz.com APN.
Mark Sohm

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Developer
robybd

Ok, i'll ask them.

Thanks.

Developer
robybd

After exhausting debug sessions the problem was solved, the devices which were problematic were new devices (3G)

and the SIM cards were regular SIM cards instead of USIM , once they were swapped everything worked well!