Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Connection Timeout Problem....

[ Edited ]

None that I am aware of sorry. 

You can code this in 4.5, bypass it, if the running device is on 4.5, but execute it if the target device has any other level of OS.  Or are all your devices running 4.5?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Hope_01
My Device: 8120

What exactly  I have to do according to what you said "bypass it"...I tried that code but the application is  not starting...Can u give some example...Not all running on 4.5OS but the net connection is slow in this version mainly..So I have to implement on this one also...

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Assume you have a method called getOS that gets the OS level and puts it into an integer array. So

int [] osLevel = getOS();

now osLevel[0] will be 4 and osLevel[1} will be 5 on the devices which you should NOT use SocketConnectionEnhanced.  so you would code

if ( osLevel[0] != 4 | osLevel[1] != 5 ) { {

// set timeout

}

If you search round the forum you should find sample code for you to create a getOS method, assuming you do not already have one.   

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Hope_01

[ Edited ]

Ok..Thanks peter... So by this code the timeout will b implemented in OS 5 n above and not in OS less then 5,if I understood it right...

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Don't understand how your comment follows from anything that has been said previously.  Can you review the previous answers and linked Thread and review your question?  Where did this reference to OS 5 come from?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Hope_01

ok...i got it...there was problem in some implementation.. Thanks for helping me out....

Please use plain text.