Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Connection issues once again

Hi everybody.

I'm sorry to start a new thread about connections, I know there are plenty of threads about this issue, and I promise I've read almost all of them wihout any success to my trouble.

As usual on the issue my application works fine on both simulator and on a BES registered device, but when i try to run it on a not BES registered device i get tunnel timed out exception.

I've tried ";deviceside=true", "deviceside=true + apn settings". I've also tried setting the apn settings on TCP options with no success. I have no doubt my apn settings are correct as i use them on other devices.

Desperately I tried to find WAP2 connection UID by searching the service book unsuccessfully.

As you will notice I'm kind of desperate right now because my app used to work with deviceside=true, but since I made some updates to the server and changed the BlackBerry web service client I'm facing this trouble.

As extra information I need to connect a server to use it's web services. I created the web service client with the J2ME Wireless Toolkit stub generator.

I don`t think this makes any difference but just in case.

Thank you.

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Connection issues once again

If you are getting a tunnel error, then your APN is most likely incorrect.

Please provide you specific carrier where the problem occurs, and the specific APN info you are using with this carrier.