Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
shanmohan
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Etisalat

Consuming wsdl webservice in blackberry 5.0

i need to consume a wsdl webservice in blackberry 5.0, anyone can shed some light on it..?

thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.3253, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.634 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.634 Dev OS, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.0.1154, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Consuming wsdl webservice in blackberry 5.0

Doing that myself right now. I'll see if I can help. What's your problem?

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shanmohan

i havn't used tradtional webservices before in my bb application, i have been using rest web services, However im now forced to use tradtional webservice for new applicaiton, i've got the wsdl url and the access credentials from the business, to start with i have been trying in the KB on sample codes, i was not able to find much though. appreciate if u can help on consuming the service using wsdl.

Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.3253, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.634 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.634 Dev OS, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.0.1154, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917

What I did was:

1. Download Java ME Software SDK: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javame/javamobile/download/sdk/index.html
  2. The project that I used this on is: http://mstag4bb.codeplex.com/, go to the source code tab->Browse, and choose Info.txt. In it are the steps that I used to make the web service ("Service generation"). You only really need to do the first bullet, replace the "location" and "packageName" with ones that you need for your web service. Note that the wscompile program is in the SDK's bin folder.
  3. Once you generate the service, do what you want with it (if you have issues post what they are).
Three simple rules:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shanmohan

Thanks for your response, i'll definitely try on that. However have a question.. Can't we do it with Blackberry Java plugin for eclipse?

Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25

Generate a web service? With the BlackBerry plugin? Not that I am aware.

Three simple rules:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shanmohan

Hi My quesiton is not about generating a webservice, but consuming an existing webservice. i have the wsdl file already in place and given by the business, i Just need to consume the service and show to the user in the blakberry.

Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25

[ Edited ]

I see, our wordings are different. When I say "generate a webservice" I mean the same thing as when you say "consuming a webservice".

The previous post mentioned are to take an existing webservice and generate a "Stub" as it's called. This Stub will be the interface between your app/library and the webservice. Everything is taken care of in the background. But beware, the Stub uses JAX-RPC. JAX-RPC is not very robust, the library I mentioned in a previous post that I am working on is now "on hold" because the JAX-RPC worked for every function except one. That one just so happens to be one of the most important functions. The reasons behind it are I have overloaded types ("TypeA extends TypeB", not supported in JAX-RPC), flag-based enumerations (enumerations are supported but if you use a flag-based enumeration you need to pass in an array of the values instead of the enumeration), base64 (oddly enough, though JAX-RPC supports it, I cannot get it to work, so I had to wrap the functionality), and finally dateTime/date/time are not supported (I also wrapped this functionality).

Now that might be a bunch of issues but it all depends on your webservice. If they use those then prepare for a workout, otherwise you'll have a insta-library. For the unsupported functionality I either wrapped it, or in the case of the unsupported function, well. I need to see. I am thinking kSOAP, but don't know right now (hence why my library is on hold).

Three simple rules:
Please use plain text.
rodopsko
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: blackberry

[ Edited ]

Hi, did you find any solution about webservice in blackberry 5.0?
i am searching 3 days and founf nothing. :smileysad:

if you have sample code : **removed**@gmail.com please help me?

Edit: Email  removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use. for further information

Please use plain text.