Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
bnolan001
My Device: Bold 9930 and PlayBook

Converting WebWorks to Java

Is there any potential technical issues with changing my published application from Webworks to Java based?  I am not worried about the amount of work involved but am worried about issues that might arise from using a database in Webworks and now using the same one in Java.  Will I still be accessing the same dB or will my Java app create a new dB when the user upgrades to the newer app.  I would suspect the user not noticing the transition unless I changed the UI since I will be publishing the updates under the same app post in App World.

The main reason for the migration is I'm not getting the performance I want on phones.  

"Not to know what happened before you were born is to be forever a child." Marcus Tullius Cicero
Please use plain text.
Developer
LoganSix
My Device: Z30, PlayBook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Converting WebWorks to Java

Is the application name the same?

I would guess, that SQLite doesn't care what you use on the front end.

You should create your new application and run it in the simulator using the device as the output.  Then connect to the database using FireFox SQLite Manager add-in to see if a second database was created for the application.