Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
chaimkut
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Converting a MIDlet to a COD using the JDE

Hi

I'm trying to convert a MIDlet (built with Netbeans) to a COD using the JDE 3.0 . I've used all the directions given in:

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800738/800901/How_To_...

When I built the MIDlet using Netbeans, I turned off Obfuscation and JAR compression. Nevertheless, no matter what I do, I keep receiving:

Building MyProject
C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.3.0\bin\rapc.exe  -quiet import="..\..\..\..\..\..\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.3.0\lib\net_rim_api.jar" codename=MyProject -midlet warnkey=0x52424200;0x52525400;0x52435200 C:\MyProject\dev\clients\MyProject\dist\J2ME\MyProject-J2ME.jad C:\MyProject\dev\clients\MyProject\dist\J2ME\MyProject-J2ME.jar
Error!907: Cannot check security

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Converting a MIDlet to a COD using the JDE

Is your JAR file signed?  Rapc does not support the conversion of signed JAR files.

If it isn't, try removing the -quiet parameter and you should see more information on the error.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
New Developer
cstarling

Hi

I'm also trying to convert a MIDlet (in my case built with Sun Java Wireless Toolkit) to a COD using the JDE 4.3.0.

With an signed JAR file I also get "Error!907: Cannot check security", so a tried an unsigned JAR file.
The result:

Building BBtest
C:\Programme\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.3.0\bin\rapc.exe  -quiet import="..\Programme\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.3.0\lib\net_rim_api.jar" codename=BBtest -midlet warnkey=0x52424200;0x52435200;0x52525400 C:\BlackBerry-Test\php.jad C:\BlackBerry-Test\php.jar
Error!905: Cannot use security attribute: MIDlet-Certificate-1-3
Error while building project

Any suggestions?

Please use plain text.
New Developer
chaimkut

MSohm -- your solution worked perfectly for me. Thanks.

cstarling --  MIDlet-Certificate-1-3 is one of the certificate attributes which sit in your JAD. It seems you have not fully cleared out all remnants of JAD signing. You should either check your IDE's JAR/JAD signing setting to see if all signing settings have been disabled or otherwise simply open the JAD in a text editor and delete all lines beginning with 'MIDlet-Certificate'.

Please use plain text.
Developer
kris_sagar

While Converting MIDlet to COD using JDE i m getting the following error. i developed jad and jar files using Java Wireless toolKit

Building Sample
C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.2.1\bin\rapc.exe  -quiet import="..\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.2.1\lib\net_rim_api.jar" codename=Sample -midlet Sample.rapc warnkey=0x52424200;0x52435200;0x52525400 C:\Sample\Sample.jad C:\Sample\Sample.jar
Error!905: Descriptor duplicate attribute mismatch: 'MIDlet-Version' old value: '1.0' new value: '0.0'
Error while building project

Can any one please help me in this regard..

Thanks

Sagar

Thanks
Sagar.
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBDeveloper

As it is saying check the MIDlet-Version of jad and the manifest.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
swenthecosy

Hi! I know this is an old thread, but I've got the same problem. When I rapc the jar/jad file I get "Error!907: Cannot check security". In the JAD-file I removed both MIDlet-Certificate-1-1 and MIDlet-Certificate-1-2. In the JAR-file and under META-INF the only file there was MANIFEST.MF. I also checked properties on the files and nothing there could block the access to them. Even after all this it doesn't help. Anyone got an idea of what I can do?

On beforehand, thanks for answering :-)

Please use plain text.