Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
Bhattacharyya
My Device: Curve 8320

Correct HTTP Connection Response but the screen refuses to show up on Device.

The application on which I'm currently working on, comprises of a series of URL's.Based on the Connection Response of these URL's , the screens get displayed.

The screen refuses to show up on the DEVICE, though the correct Connection Response string comes up on click of a URL.

Also, the application is working fine, all the screens get displayed on the Simulator.I'm not appending any Connection URL Suffix  to the URL to run on the Simulator.

Connection URL Suffix used to run on Device on Wi-Fi is ;interface=wifi

Any ideas on a possible resolution.

Please help

Please use plain text.
Developer
johnbibs
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: Correct HTTP Connection Response but the screen refuses to show up on Device.

any error messages? or debug messages? 

Please use plain text.
Developer
Bhattacharyya

Re: Correct HTTP Connection Response but the screen refuses to show up on Device.

No error messages or debug messages.

The result screen doesnot show up on the device, but doesget displayed on the Simulator

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

I would recommend that you debug on device, step through your code.

Have you checked the Event Log?

Do you have something like a catch around a piece of code that does not produce a failure messages?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Bhattacharyya

Sir, I have debugged on the device, I still have not found a solution to this problem.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

So, if you stepped through your code in the device and stepped through the code on the Simulator, what differences do you see? 

I presume the connection string is different, but  I expect you will try your http request anyway.  Is the result from the request different?  If so how?  If it is not different, then I would expect your code to work.

Basically, aside from the connection string, can you tell us what is different in the way it is working on the Simulator to on the device?

Please use plain text.