Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
GVYaeger
My Device: BlackBerry World Tour 8830
My Carrier: Verizon

Cost for Signing Keys?

So I purchased the signing keys about 7 days ago and was charged 30 dollars on completion. Okay so sometimes companies charge a little extra (for some reason) but usually refund the extra money in the end. Well today I recieved an email that I should recieve the keys in 2 days and another $21.20 was charged to my credit card. Is there a reason for this? I thought the code signing keys were only 20 dollars? Not 50... I sent in email in regards to this but maybe I am missing something and would like a faster answer on this. Thanks for the resonse!

Please use plain text.
Developer
rcmaniac25
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.2.1.2174, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.0.700 Dev OS, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.0.700 Dev OS, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Cost for Signing Keys?

It should only be $20 (except maybe tax, don't exactly have the bill from mine infront of me and don't know if they even charge tax wherever you are). RIM isn't the fastest at responses but if you pester them enough, or wait long enough, they will respond.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Cost for Signing Keys?

[ Edited ]

The $30 fee is part of the credit card verification process that is executed when you order the keys.  This is a temporary hold placed on your account to verify that the real charge could go through once processed.  This hold is automatically reversed by your credit card company (and typically not visible to credit card holders).

The real cost is $20 USD (plus any applicable taxes).

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.