Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
ushernut
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Could Plazmic content communicate with RIM API?

I got this problem for a long time and not been solved.  Hope I can get result here.

When using Plazmic composer, we can create image with some action or events. But could this .pme file communicate with RIM API?

for example, I want to show today's weather  image. This image should include the weather icon and degree.

Suppose we will use Composer to create this image. Because degree is changing and dynamic. Is that possible for plazmic content have degree as a parameter input and generate image automatically. 

This is like in RIM API, we create a mainScreen, add this mediaPlayer with .pme file into this screen. Then we have some logic to get weather degree data, and put it to mediaPlayer and let it to show .pme file, which will be the weather image with icon and degree.

Please use plain text.
Administrator
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Could Plazmic content communicate with RIM API?

Plazmic Content is static in Java applications.  It can not interact with the application (fire events) nor are there APIs to modify the content.

If you are looking to use this on a web site and create dynamic content for the BlackBerry Browser, this can be done.  You can export your Plazmic Content from Composer as SVG.  This is an XML file that you can then use as a base for a dynamic page.

Version 4.6.0 of the BlackBerry API set also has support for displaying SVG.  So you could create dynamic content using these methods, however note that this requires BlackBerry handheld software version 4.6.0 or higher.

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.
Developer
ushernut
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Could Plazmic content communicate with RIM API?

Understand. Thanks for the support , Mark.

Please use plain text.