Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
sasop
My Device: Not Specified

Create a nev application for balckberry device.

Hi,I'm totally new with blackberry's an I have a few questions for you developers. I'm working in SAP as consultant and developer. Our customer would like to have a few things (processes) visible on his mobile devices blackberries. As I check a few SAP forums you need to create a new blackberry application which is calling SAP and giving back data to the device. I will put you there a few dummy questions: Can you tell me please, what is the procedure to create this kind of application? Is there any guide who and how can create this? Is there are any terms and conditions, who can do this for blackberries or this is free open, that you can implement whatever you want like for windows applications? Please describe to me or send me the link, how we can create a simple web application for blackberry device, which will check data in SAP and provide it back.Thanks in advance for help andBest RegardsSaso

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Re: Create a never application for blackberry device.

A few quick answers, but this is only scratchng the surface, there are a lot of options and you will get different opinions from different people:

1) what is the procedure to create this kind of application?

You will usually create development environment on a PC (using the Rim supplied JDE or some other development framework (Eclipse/Net Beans) and the use the JDE plug-ins.  Then you code the application, test on the built-in simulators, then deploy to the device.

2) Is there any guide who and how can create this?

The best place to start is here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/docs/subcategories/?userType=21&category=BlackBerry+Java+Applic...

Pick up the Fundamentals Guide and the Development Guide and review.

3) Is there are any terms and conditions, who can do this for blackberries or this is free open, that you can implement whatever you want like for windows applications? 

You might have to pay a small fee to Rim if you want to use some RIm developed API's.  Was $100, believe it has reduced recently, but don't know what to.

4) Please describe to me or send me the link, how we can create a simple web application for blackberry device, which will check data in SAP and provide it back.

Web Application means different things to different people.  I assume in this case we will do something like an http POST to request the data, and process the returned data into something that is displayed to the user.  So you use the development environment to create a screen on the BlackBerry that will ask for input form the user, format the screen into an http requests that you send to the Server, then process the response to display a second screen.  There are example applications that do pretty much all of this supplied with the JDE.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
GPSemailing

Re: Create a nev application for balckberry device.

Code signing for API keys are now reduced to 20 USD. I bought mine about 2 weeks ago.

Regards

Please use plain text.