Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
eraman
My Device: Simulator
My Carrier: Developer

Create a pin to select any place in Google maps(returns Name & Time of selected place):Eclipse Blackbery Plugin

I want to create a pin on the maps whih can be dragged and placed on the any place such as city or a state and it should show the time of that place and its name. This is eaisly possible in other platforms such as i-phone ,android etc. but i m not getting any help for creating it in Blackberry .Kindly reply me if u can help me or any other place where the it has ben already done?????

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Create a pin to select any place in Google maps(returns Name & Time of selected place):Eclipse Blackbery Plugin

the blackberry has an api for BB maps.
the google maps application does not offer an API, so if you want to use with gmaps you'll have to use the browserfield most likely. see numerous other threads about it.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
eraman
My Device: Simulator
My Carrier: Developer

Re: Create a pin to select any place in Google maps(returns Name & Time of selected place):Eclipse Blackbery Plugin

Sure BB have its api for its inbuilt maps....but they donot offer their services in entire globe..means that they only show a few countries in their maps....thats why i used Gmaps........i was asking that whether there is any way to create a pin to be accessed in maps or not???
Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

I have never used Gmaps so sorry I can't help.  However since you are using Gmaps, would it not be appropriate to ask Google rather than here?

Please use plain text.