Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Create help files for third party java app

Hi

I want to create help files for my java application similar to showed by asociated BlackBerry internal applications. This ones looks like web pages with radio buttons and hyperlinks, and I'd like to know how can I create and invoke them from my app.

Any comments?

Thanks in advance.

Developer

Re: Create help files for third party java app

Well, you can invoke a browser from your app with your help page targets. Or, if you can read from local

files point it at local html. We have a custom browser so we can do this local html as early as 4.0.2

and play other games ( how about ad supported help screens? LOL).

I am curious about thoughts on this however. Fixed text in the cod makes it larger and inflexible,

server based help may not always be available but if you need db access you can update this

regularly along with ads or service notes.

As part of a development app, I end up with a lot of regular arrays and tables that I eventually will

hide ( the regular nature of course is what you are after to  make the code simple, but the data can explode)

but in the mean time want to put them somewhere for my own reference ( right now these are things like US census

codes for some geocoding and other things I'm evaluating ). I finally just decided on regularly fomatted text

similar to csv file so I can eventually load it easily.

New Developer

Sorry for the delay.

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

I'll try the options you describe.

New Developer
My Device: BB

great..  the exact answer I was looking for

java example

Leslie Love