Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Creating Frames while capturing picture

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Is there any options in blackberry to capture a picture within a predefined frame like we have in few models of Sony Ericsson. Does any API allow us to create frames and then capture the image.

Message Edited by developing on 05-22-2009 12:04 AM
Developer

Re: Creating Frames while capturing picture

You can take the screen shot using Display.getScreenshot. You can give a looka t VideoControl.getSnapshot.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Developer

Actually, im looking for adding a frame prior to taking the photo.For example In samsung  mobiles we have an option to add a frame say a goggle, prior to taking a photo so that the eyes of the person can be adjusted for the goggle. Thanks.
Developer

Hi all,

Any solution to the above querry. Thanks.

Regards,

Karthick M

Developer
My Device: Torch 9810

There is no built in feature that is available to support the functionality you want, moreover nothing support to add this functionality to the built in one too..

However as BBDeveloper suggested, we, the developers have the ability to build a 3rd party camera application.. In which you can manually draw the frames to the screen as you want..

I'm also sure, comparing with the native camera application, the one we build up would not even get closer.. 

Cheers.. 

--
Manimaran Selvan
Co-Founder, Tech Lead,
Equity Markets Research Group