Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold
Accepted Solution

Creating an HTTP Connection using BIS

Hi,

I need to retrieve data from my web service using KSoap and BIS as the means of connection. From what I've heard, creating HTTP connections through BIS is only available for third party apps if the developer is a member of the BlackBerry Alliance Program (which I am currently not a part of). But I've also heard that there is a backdoor method of doing this, which is by registering for BlackBerry PUSH services.

I was wondering if anyone could explain to me how I could use this backdoor method to create an HTTP connection using BIS.

Thanks in advance.

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Creating an HTTP Connection using BIS

for a bes connection you append ';deviceside=false', for example.
a BIS connection uses a similar connection string appendix, only that it is seekrit.
you can "discover" this seekrit string by downloading the bis push sample (not the simplified i wrote), you can do that without registering.

you can probably find it on google as well, but the forums have a word filter to enforce the policy of it being forbidden to know :smileywink:
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold

Re: Creating an HTTP Connection using BIS

Got it to work. Thanks. =D