Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
DMINATOR
My Device: 9000
Accepted Solution

Creating jad for OTA download

Hi. This probably has been asked a hundred times, and I have already checked many threads here and documentation document, but I still can't fiigure out, I probably doing something wrong. 

I have a workspace with many projects, let's say: 

1) MyAppClient

2) MyLib

3) MyAppDaemon

So I want to package these projects into a single jad file that would be downloadable via internet (OTA) 

As I have read the documentation, and other threads I need to: 

1)Rename my cod file to zip and extract sibling files.

The question is which cod file I should rename and extract ? I have tried renaming one MyAppClient.cod file to zip, but winrar doesn't open it. It tells me that file is corrupted or damaged. 

What I am doing wrong ? Please help. 

Please use plain text.
Developer
BBDeveloper
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Creating jad for OTA download

If your application COD is greater than 64KB then you need to extract the Sibling COD files from your Main COD file. If it is less than 64KB You dn't need to worry. Just place your JAD and COD file on your web server an ddownload it using OTA.

Use Search. "Accept Solution" If the problem is resolved.
Please use plain text.
Developer
DMINATOR

But what should I put to the server ? All  my project JAD and COD files or what ? I need to install all of them with a single click. I don't want the user to download projects one by one.
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBDeveloper

You just need to place your JAD and COD file(if it is only one COD). If the COD had Sibling. Just extract the Sibling COD files and place all the Sibling COD files and a JAD file. JAD file will be having entry of all the Sibling COD files. for safer side.. check for the Sibling COD file names and the Size of the sibling COD file entried in JAD. Just one click pointing to your JAD file from your BB device Browser application will start downloading.

Please use plain text.
Developer
DMINATOR

[ Edited ]

But this is exactly the part where I am having a confusion.

They are 3 separate projects that I have. Each has its own COD and JAD files:

for example: 

1) MyClientApp.JAD MyClientApp.COD  

2) MyLib.JAD MyLib.COD

3) MyDaemon.JAD MyDaemon.COD

So what I want to have is a single big JAD file 

MySuperApp.JAD and MySuperApp.COD 

From the documentation I have found this command:

updatejad.exe MyClientApp.JAD MyLib.JAD MyDaemon.JAD

But I am also having issues with it, it gives me an error that MyClientApp.COD is missing.

Well I think I got it working, it says that it has created a new MyClientApp.JAD file. 

I guess I have to put it to the server now and see if it would work :smileyhappy: 

Message Edited by DMINATOR on 07-08-2009 01:25 PM
Please use plain text.
Developer
BBDeveloper

Manually you could add the COD files entried to your MySuperApp.JAD file, Just the COD url and COD size of the each generated COD files..

Please use plain text.
Developer
DMINATOR

Yes now it is working. I have put all the JAD and COD files  together at the same location. It downloads them automatically as expected.

There is only one problem when the SuperJAD file is generated the version and description of the application are empty. How is it possible to add this information automatically to this JAD file ?

Please use plain text.
Developer
mantaker
My Device: Torch 9810

Right click your project - click properties, navigate to blackberry project properties, first tab there, will satisfy your need..

Cheers.. 

--
Manimaran Selvan
Co-Founder, Tech Lead,
Equity Markets Research Group
Please use plain text.
Developer
DMINATOR

It is already filled completelly for every project. When I deploy the projects via USB then the version information is shown correctly. However when I created JAD for OTA download this information is not stored. In fact it is not stored in any JAD file for some reason (it is just empty).
Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Please use plain text.