Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Custom Popupscreen with transparent background..??

Hi all,

I want to create custom popup screen with transparent background. I am able to create the custom popup but if I try to setGlobalAlpha(0) still it is coming as white background. And if i do fillRoundRect for popup screen the corners are still visible as white edges. Can any one suggest some ideas which i can try to sort out this issue.

thanks

Shaan.

Developer

Re: Custom Popupscreen with transparent background..??

Hi,

You can use  following method  to get rid of edges :-

protected void applyTheme() {

}

Regarding transparent background you can set transparent background using setBackground method like

setBackground(BackgroundFactory.createSolidTransparentBackground(0xFF000000, 125));

Developer

I will really be thankful if you post some snippet here after the problem is solved. Smiley Happy Currently working on the same thing and I'm stuck on making the popup screen transparent!

New Developer

hi ,

Thanks for the quick reply.

In my custom popup screen, already the applytheme()  I am overriding. But as you suggested i cannot use the BackgroundFactory since I require this feature in lower than 4.6 JDE also. Is there any

alternative way where i can achieve this feature.

thanks,

Shaan.

Developer
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: some

Hi Shaan,

I would suggest you to ovveride paintBackground method in your delegate manager and draw your transaparent background there.

Got resolved! Press kudo icon!