Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

CustomListField + CustomButtonField + touchEvent + NavigationClick == HELL

hi everybody,

i'm trying to make this thing work

I have a screen which is composed of three composants

HEADER

- one custom refresh button (extends field with a bitmap  and override touchEvent and navigationClick)

CONTENT

- Custom ListField and override touchEvent and navigationClick

FOOTER

- Kind of a menu with several button (same implementation as for the header)

When i launch my screen, the focus is made on the footer, so i can use my buttons

If i click on the listField or even slide it, then the listField Element get the Focus.

Now when i touch one of my footer button, only the touchEvent method of the ListField is launch, even if i return false in everycase, neither the toucheEvent nor the navigationClick method of my footer buttons will be called.

So if i click on my footer, i only see the listField sliding a little and nothing else.

Does anybody experienced the same thing ?

Developer

Re: CustomListField + CustomButtonField + touchEvent + NavigationClick == HELL

In the cases where you aren't handling the touch event for the ListField, are you returning super.touchEvent()?

Developer
My Device: various
My Carrier: various

This BlackBerry bug has already been reported and confirmed by RIM on this forum:

ListField scrolling behind other fields

So no, you are not going crazy, and no, you are not doing anything wrong.  I hope that's a consolation :smileyhappy:

----------------------------------------------------------
please click 'Accept Solution' on posts that provide the solution to the question you've posted. Don't say "Thanks", press 'Like' button instead!
Contributor

Thanks you, i chose the solution of creating a TouchScreen class extending FullScreen (or other) and making all my screens to extend this TouchScreen class.

Now i implement the TouchEvent method in TouchScreen and check the coordinates of the point.

So i prevent the list to get any event if the coordinates don't match