Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha, 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Debugging - Step over, step into not working

OK, so the basics first -

Eclipse 4.2 epp ver 1.5.1.20121004-1506

BlackBerry Java Plug-in  ver 2.0.0.201207181003

Now the problem -

I set a breakpoint in my app, and the program suspends at the breakpoint. I press F6 to continue debugging, but instead of going to the next line, the program just continues on with execution, and one out of three times suspends at a completely random line. Also, the simulator still behaves as if the app as suspended at the first breakpoint. Any subsequent breakpoints after the first one have no effect; the control just passes through them. I have no idea what is causing this behaviour, I have changed literally nothing since the last time it was working. Anyone have any idea what's happening here?

I've got 99 problems and eclipse is all of them

Twitter

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Debugging - Step over, step into not working

ususally this means the code in the IDE and on the device are not in sync.
try to clean and re-deploy the project
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha, 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

haha wow, didn't expect it to be that of all things. thanks simon!

I'm clearly suffering from lack of caffeine.

I've got 99 problems and eclipse is all of them

Twitter

New Developer
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

I'd forgotten how painful was to code the old BB stuff ... I need to make a few changes to an old legacy App so got my changes in place but now I'm having the issue it won't stop at the breakpoint and I've been spent too  much time already trying all of  what is suggeeted here, somewhere else and my own trial/error , in the initial 5-6 shots it stopped once but that was it. I need to debug with the device. Tried on both Mac/Windows same behaviour and most of the time just runs the App but no breakpoints work.

Anything else to try??? Sounds like I have to go to the old pop up messages 

Developer
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

please open a new thread for your issue. that said, first check would be to see if your device OS matches the debug version exactly.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the hint ... I'm going to the lowest common denominator jre5.0 with BB device with OS 5 running on Mac/Indigo plugin 2.0  It looks like I may get around with the pop messages but this setup used to work on this setup when  I submitted the last update to my oldie App a good while ago.

Edit : Restarting Eclipse & pluggin the device on/off combining those and then by chance it worked I could run and double checked several times, but didn't last long it is back into not stopping at the breakpoints. It used to be unbearable like that.