Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
djgolu123
My Device: Playbook

Debugging code using Eclipse?

Hi, so I am very new to blackberry development. I have followed the setup tools steps and have everything running up. I have opened "Helloworlddemo" and launched it on the simulator with expected results.
Now my question is, how else can I execute the code except in the simulator. For example say I want to debug through code step by step, how would I do that? When I go project, right click, and choose "Java Application" under "Run-as" nothing happens. Can I run the program in eclipse itself?

thanks

Developer
JCarty
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650/BlackBerry Torch 9800

Re: Debugging code using Eclipse?

[ Edited ]

You need to create a Debug Configuration. Go to Run > Debug Configurations...

Click BlackBerry Simulator then click New (white icon with yellow +).

Select a project then click Simulator tab to ensure your desired simulator is selected.

Then Click Debug.

In the future, click the arrow next to the bug in the toolbar, then select your debug configuration.

Hope this helps.

Jerome Carty - Follow jcarty on Twitter@jcarty | #webworks-dev / #BlackberryDev on irc.freenode.net | My Apps
Click "Accept as Solution" if post solved your original issue.. Give like/thumbs up if you feel post is helpful
Developer
juanmab
My Device: Many

Re: Debugging code using Eclipse?

[ Edited ]

One more thing.

You need a to create a breakpoint somewhere to do the step by step.

Next time djgolu123 you should try searching first in google.

There are many good tutorials about debugging

http://www.google.com.ar/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=debuggin+in+eclipse#hl=es&pwst=1&sa=X&ei=...

Feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.

Juanma 

@juanmab