Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
mbenge
My Device: Style 9670
Accepted Solution

Delete Contacts based Upon a Category

Our app assigns a category to contacts that are persisted.  If our app is deleted  we would like to do is retrieve all contacts based upon this category, and remove each  of these contacts. Lastly we would like to remove the category. Via the PIM APIs, there does not appear to be a clear cut way of retrieving users based upon a category. It appears that you can retrieve groups.  

Is the solution to retrieve the groups via one of the items(searchType) method in BlackBerryContactList, then get your group from the enumeration? 

Has anyone attempted this or is there a more efficient method?

Thanks,

Mark

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Delete Contacts based Upon a Category

you could try
http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/7.1.0api/javax/microedition/pim/PIMList.html#deleteCategor...
with deleteUnassignedItems set to true.
i never used it, but according to the API description it should do what you want.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Developer
mbenge
My Device: Style 9670

Re: Delete Contacts based Upon a Category

Thanks Simon!

I should have been more diligent in in walking the Class hiearchy, as I did perform a google search and did not get any programmatic hits.

I'll test an post the results!

Thanks Again,

Mark