Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Contributor
nilbbm
My Device: 8350i
Accepted Solution

Delete a file within Cod

Hi All,

I am embeding file inside the cod when creating the application. So is it possible I can delete/remove that file from cod?

Thanks,

nil

Regular Contributor
RockAlmeida
My Device: 9630

Re: Delete a file within Cod

Cod can't be changed after it is created, if you want to remove or change the resources you use to build the cod, you must repackage it.
New Contributor
PxGx
My Device: 9700

If the files are temporarlily needed, then it would be worthwhile to download and use such files at runtime from a web server thereby reducing the COD file size.  Store the temporary file on an SD card if available & if not then use the main memory.

Developer
mreed
My Device: ಠ_ಠ

If its not very big and you dont want to have it downloaded separately, you can package it in a separate COD that gets installed at the same time... then delete/uninstall that COD after you use what you need to use from it. Not sure what you need that for, its not really a normal thing to do, but its an option.

Contributor
nilbbm

Thanks all for the response. but Martin can you let me know what process is to be followed? I am concerned with how how I can uninstall the cod via code.
Contributor
nilbbm

Thanks all for the response. but Martin can you let me know what process is to be followed to wrap files in another cod? I am concerned with how how I can uninstall another cod via code.