Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
klemensz
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700, PlayBook
My Carrier: Orange

Deleting an autostart app

Hi,

Once I add an alternate entry point to my application that auto-runs at startup I cannot delete the application any more. According to this post it's not possible to change the auto-run property programmatically. So how can I (or more important: a user) delete the app? I've tried denying all permissions and rebooting but the "delete" button is still not there.

Device: Torch with OS 6.0

Thanks,
Klemens

Please use plain text.
Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: Deleting an autostart app

quite strange, i can delete apps with an autostart entry point just fine. How did you install it on the device?
Can you delete it in the application list?

In the worst case you can remove it using javaloader.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
klemensz
My Device: Torch 9800, Bold 9700, PlayBook
My Carrier: Orange

I installed directly from the debug configuration in Eclipse. I have tried the application list as well. Once I uncheck the autostart option and build/install it again I can delete the app.

Maybe it's just because I installed it from out of the dev environment and users's will be able to uninstall it? Would be strange though.

Please use plain text.
Developer
silver20
My Device: Paper cup

Autostart flag does not ordinarily prevent deletion in Options.  The only affect I know of on deletion is that something with autostart flag usually requires a reset to be deleted; because it's already been run or is still running.  Other apps, if they haven't been run since the last reset, can usually be deleted right away without a reset.

Which model phone and OS do you have?

Used to be on 4.5 if you installed with javaloader you couldn't delete from Options.

But since OS 5 I think I've always been able to delete everything except libraries out of Options/Device/ApplicationManagement/Modules.  And on OS 6 groupless modules show up in the main app list also.

Probably you don't have to worry about it; anything installed normally is deletable in Options, except sometimes a library decides to dig in.

Please use plain text.