Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
jmjoness
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Sync Problem

I have been able to create a desktop program for syncing, and a device side program that implements the SyncConverter and SyncCollection classes.  The desktop extensioninfo provides a database name that matches the getSyncName function return value on the device. 

What I would like to do is sync several tables; three tables to provide items to select, and a table that gets populated with those items. 

I don't see a way to do that.  The device side program only allows for one table name to be associated with the program.  The desktop only allows one database name. 

Am I misinterpreting this?  Is there a way to get around the perceived limitations and allow for syncing mutiple tables?

Thanks for any help.

Jim

BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Passport

Re: Desktop Sync Problem

Each SyncCollection is a table (what you see under backup/restore, Advanced in Desktop Manager).  If you wish to have multiple tables you will need to implement multiple SyncCollections.
Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
New Developer
jmjoness

Does each SyncCollection need to be in a separate program on the device? If not, how do you do that in a single program?

Can more than one table be synchronized with a single desktop add-in program?  If so how do you specify the tables since it is defined in the extension info?

Thanks

Jim

Developer
Developer
gtj

A single program can implement as many tables as it wants.   Each one is registered with SyncManager.getInstance().enableSynchronization()

A single Desktop Add-In can also access multiple tables with IRimDatabaseAccess->getTables().