Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Fido

DetectionListener and ACR122U

[ Edited ]

Im having trouble communicating with my ACR122 reader. My bold 9900 doesnt detect the reader when i implement DetectionListener. Also, I keep getting a 0x63 0x00 response on the ACR122 whenever i try to send a message. What have you been able to do with the ACR122U?

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: DetectionListener and ACR122U

[ Edited ]

DetectionListener will not detect a card reader generally. It will detect cards/tags. The reader needs to detect your device and its emulated card or tag and then connect to it.

What exactly are you trying to do? Can you decribe your overall application requirement please? I see you posted in other forums and mention "peer to peer".

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
Follow me on Twitter: @mdwrim
New Contributor

I thoght DetectionListener detects any target in the NFC field. I basically want to transfer contact informatiion from the device to a desktop application using the ACR122U.

In the Blackberry application, I implemented NDEFMessageBuilder and NDEFPushStatusCallback interfaces and registered for NDEF push. On the ACR122U side, it seems I am able to detect and open a connection to the BlackBerry device on a terminal (using the javax.smartcardio.... libraries) but i keep getting the same error message when I send an initial payload to initialize the reader as target. 

I introduced DetectionListener and implemented the onTargetDetected() method in the Blackberry application just to check if the connection to the ACR122U was being detected. Shouldn't DetectionListener be detecting the connection (which i see on the reader side)?

Retired

DetectionListener will detect cards/tags not readers. Your reader application is presumably in NFC Reader/Writer mode. So it needs to detect the proximity of the device and read the NDEF message pushed to it from the device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to press the like button on the right side if you liked my attempts to help :-)
And please mark posts as solved if you think I found the solution or set you on its path. Thanks!
New Contributor

Thanks. I have another question:

At what point is the buildNDEFMessages() function defined in NDEFMessageBuilder called? i.e when are the messages built? Does this happen after pushNDEF() is called? The NDEF Messages in my application doesnt seem to be built as i do not see any of the buildNDEFMessages() logs on the output console when debugging the aplication. 

Retired

No, per the documentation, pushNDEF() just "Registers an NDEF push request". The system calls your NDEFMessageBuilder when another P2P client comes into proximity.

Are you sure your PC client is using NFC peer to peer mode? If not then SNEP will not work.

If you cannot use P2P for some reason then instead of using SNEP, use Virtual Tag Emulation on the BlackBerry and make your PC app act as a tag reader.