Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
DingusMcGee
My Device: Not Specified

Determining focus on click not working

I'm using JDE 4.7.0.41 with the 8330 simulator skin (4.3.0.124) 

I have created a small app that uses the TableListField from the complex list sample application (in the BB labs area) and I am trying to figure out which row of the "table" has focus when the trackwheel is clicked.

I have tried each of the following (each separately):

1. Adding a  navigationClick handler to my screen class that extends MainScreen and then calling getLeafFieldWithFocus

- this is invoked, but always returns the TableListField, not the individual row (the row is a class that extends Manager)

2. Adding a FocusChangeListener to the fields in the main app before creating the TableListField manager and setting their styles to include FOCUSABLE and ACTION_INVOKE

3. setting the style of each field in the array to FOCUSABLE|ACTION_INVOKE but not implementing a FocusChangeListener in the main app 

4. implementing navigationClick and onFocus in the TableRowManager (class in the sample app that extends Manager)

- neither of these methods gets invoked when moving between rows/clicking while a row is highlighted 

Just to be sure I was doing things right, I added another RichTextField with  a FocusChangeListener to the main screen and that listener is called on focus changed.

The fields in the TableListField are in 5 rows -  the first row is 3 RichTextFields, the other rows are all LabelFields

I'm not sure where to go from here...

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Development Advisor
MSohm
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Determining focus on click not working

This is not a supported configuration.  Please see the following.

What Is - Appropriate version of the BlackBerry JDE
Article Number: DB-00537

http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgecenterpublic/livelink.exe/fetch/2000/348583/800901/What_Is_-_Appr...

Mark Sohm
BlackBerry Development Advisor

Please refrain from posting new questions in solved threads.
Problem solved? Click the Accept As Solution button.
Found a bug? Report it using Issue Tracker
Please use plain text.