Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: DevCon update: BB-Java is dead, no java support for QNX

zac_mathews wrote:

I have 4 years exp (2 years in BlackBerry Java RIM & 2 years in J2ME) and now both are Dead :Eek: .....
What I am going to do...

There is a great series in the developer blog about moving from BB Java to BB10 (Native/Cascades or HTML5).

You can also check out my session from Amsterdam about my experiences:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8ElfJKfhNc&list=PLLV7PS-SYG67YZbf2DjjO_o3FkFAsym-d&index=34

While i was not very excited about the change myself (as you can read on this thread) and still think that it was handled very badly by BBRY - they lost a lot of loyal developers - the new platform is very convincing, and due to Qt the native side is a lot easier to handle than i thought.

It took me about 3 months to work productively as i did not have any c++/Qt knowledge, but i am back on track for some time now.

If you want to stay with java, well, Android...

I suggest that you check out developer.blackberry.com, check the new BB10 OS and the devices and decide afterwards.

----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
Please use plain text.
Developer
zac_mathews
My Device: Not Specified

Re: DevCon update: BB-Java is dead, no java support for QNX

Thank you Simon .... you are a very good person....
Please use plain text.