Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Retired
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Developer Tools Hit Gold Status

mohitsharma wrote:

i tried plugin with windows 7 but it dont works Smiley Sad .

The plug-in for Eclipse should work on Windows 7 32bit... we are working on 64 bit support... The real difference between 32/64 bit is that the simulator on 64 bit requires you to kill its process to close it.

We support 64bit Windows 7 on our other tooling, and we have the fix lined up to go into the Java Eclipse tooling shortly.

Can you describe what issues you are seeing on Windows 7?

One tip that I always stick with on Vista/Win7 is to install Eclipse into a non UAC protected/virtualized directory.  So basically if you don't install software into "Program Files" you have less compatibility issues.

Tim Neil
Director, Application Platform & Tools Product Management
Follow me on Twitter
Developer
My Device: Bold

Yes, close/exit on the simulator does not work under Windows 7 64bit but if you use the Disconnect button from within Eclipse, the simulator closes. 

Yes, I have UAC disabled.

----
If this helped you, press the thumbs up button (on the far right - '+' thumb icon)
If this post solved the issue, click "Accept as Solution"
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch

I have installed eclipse not in program files but directly inside a folder under c: drive. I m posting the snapshot of what i get.

An alternative link of snapshot is here:

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab353/mo_hit4u/eclipseerroronwin7.png

1645i57CB7EEA9F08347B

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Torch

i have jdk6 installed.

ironically

BlackBerry_JDE_PluginFull_1.1.1.200911111641-15

this older plugin works, but it dont have latest features. Smiley Sad

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution. Press the kudos button to thank the user who helped you.
Developer
My Device: Bold

Since you are able to install the old plug-in, try to upgrade to the latest release using the Eclipse updater. That worked fine for me.  At the end you have to restart Eclipse for the changes to come into effect.

Do you have a 32/64bit Windows 7?

----
If this helped you, press the thumbs up button (on the far right - '+' thumb icon)
If this post solved the issue, click "Accept as Solution"
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

JCarty wrote:

Another noticable and great change is Preprocessor flags that are predefined based on which SDK you pick.

I removed all my flags that indicated which OS version I was targetting and am now using this exclusively and it works great.

The flags are below (flags only applicable if you have each version of the SDK installed):

BlackBerrySDK4.5.0

BlackBerrySDK4.6.0

BlackBerrySDK4.6.1

BlackBerrySDK4.7.0

BlackBerrySDK4.5.0

So no need to go into your XML descriptor to edit your preprocessor flags (or project properties for the 1.0 folks). If you use the above, when you target a new OS, your code will preprocess based on the flags set.

Cool feature that I was hoping would make it in.

Does the IDE understand the preprocessed code or does it show false errors?

Leigh

Developer
My Device: Z10 (STL100-4)-10.3.2.858, Z10 (STL100-3)-10.3.1.2576, Z30 (STA100-5)-10.3.1.2582, Passport (SQW100-1)-10.3.1.2576, PlayBook (16GB)-2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Verizon

It still shows false errors.

---Spends time in #blackberrydev on freenode (IRC)----
Three simple rules:
1. Please use the search bar before making new posts.
2. "Like" posts that you find helpful.
3. If a solution has been found for your post, mark it as solved.
--I code too much. Well, too bad.
Developer

rcmaniac25 wrote:

It still shows false errors.

That and the fact that it doesn't support build configs with different preprocessor settings makes it a deal breaker. 

Developer
My Device: Playbook

[ Edited ]

They are moving in the right direction though, definitely listened to feedback from BDC.

As I understand it the preprocessor not being understood by the IDE is a the Eclipse design limitation.

Build configs are definitely needed.

Will still keep using Netbeans as it provides a superior tool, but hopefully with next major plug in release it can catch up to that feature base.

Developer

dnepr wrote:

They are moving in the right direction though, definitely listened to feedback from BDC.

As I understand it the preprocessor not being understood by the IDE is a the Eclipse design limitation.

Build configs are definitely needed.

Will still keep using Netbeans as it provides a superior tool, but hopefully with next major plug in release it can catch up to that feature base.

I also use NetBeans but there are a few minor issues.  Such as the preprocessor makes the editor crawl at times.  Also you still need to use JDE to debug and the workspace get's confused which preprocessed source is which.  Other than that I think it crushes Eclipse.  I have ant tasks setup to sign, deploy, upload and so on.