Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

Trusted Contributor
user17
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: airtel
Accepted Solution

Device not connecting 507 error

Hi all,

My device is bb curve 9300, iam using bb os 6; for downgrading to os 5 i installed JL_Cmderand wipe all the data.

Now iam getting 'Error 507' Reload software.  my bb desktop software version is 6.0, How i can install bb os 5, Please help me itz very urgent....

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Device not connecting 507 error

Sorry not very familiar with this sort of stuff, but have you installed, on your PC, the OS you want on your 9300?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
user17

Hi peter_strange,

Thank you for your response, iam not installed os in my pc. i need to install os 5 , i downloaded.

Please guide me after installation what i do.

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

From memory the basic procedure is

a) Download the OS you want to put on your device and install it

b) Start App Loader (part of Desktop Manager) and reboot your Blackberry and plug in it in

c) Hope that App Loader detects the device and then it will offer to install the OS.

There are some good guides out there to this sort of process, I woud search Google for something. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
user17

Hi peter,

Thanks for your reply, where i need to install the os in device or pc? my device is not detecting while using desktop software manager.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

[ Edited ]

You download and install the OS on your PC, the DTM can use the installed OS's it finds to update attached devices.

DTM is actually smart enough to actually download and install an OS directly, but I never got that to work for anything but the most current OS available, so I don't think you can use that approach to downgrade an OS.  but that is just my feeling, I'm not 100% sure of that.

Like I said before, there are good guides out there if you search for them.  You might even find that the Curve forum provides you with more assistance than here too.   

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
user17

Hi Peter_strange,

Thank you for your reply, i downloaded the os and installed in pc. while going through loader.exe, i connect the pin after i select next then i getting like this: if any one knows please help me:

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
user17

Hi All,

I solved my problem. Thank you peter for your guidance.

Please use plain text.
Developer
peter_strange

Good to hear.

If you couldprovide any hints or tips, like links to good resources, which might help the next person with this problem, that would be useful.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
user17

Hi All,

Error 507 means BB OS not installed in your device.  Download BB OS (iam using 9300 i downloaded corresponding device specific OS) and install it.

Please go through these links:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/curve-9300-how-to-downgrade-to-os-5/td-p/108...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/downgrade-from-os6-to-os5/td-p/1605735

Please use plain text.