Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

Java Development

New Developer
vnlakshmi39
My Device: 9780 Bold

Display Horizontal or vertical fieldmanager on Grid field manager using Blackberry java

Can any one please help on this how can i show the horizontal or vertical field manager above the grid field manager on click of button in grid field manager. Please help me am new to this

Thanks in advance

Developer
simon_hain
My Device: Z10 LE, Z30, Passport

Re: Display Horizontal or vertical fieldmanager on Grid field manager using Blackberry java

to show a manager above another you can use insert on the parent manager/screen.
----------------------------------------------------------
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer
vnlakshmi39

Re: Display Horizontal or vertical fieldmanager on Grid field manager using Blackberry java

Thanks for your reply.How can i insert??? or i should add to the grid field manager right???
Developer
simon_hain

http://www.blackberry.com/developers/docs/7.1.0api/net/rim/device/api/ui/Manager.html#insert(net.rim...
feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer
vnlakshmi39

Am inserting horizontal field manager into grid field manager on click of button like btn.setChangeListener(this). But am seeing it on
Developer
simon_hain

you said you want to insert it above the grid field manager.
to do that you use getManager on the grid manager to retrieve the parent manager, getIndex on the grid manager to retrieve its index, then insert on the parent manager with the appropriate index to place it above the grid manager.
@SimonHain on twitter
New Developer
vnlakshmi39

I need one field should overlay the other field. Please help me.
Developer
peter_strange
My Device: Not Specified

Can you define 'overlay'.  Do you mean

a) place on top of

or

b) replace? 

If you mean (a), what will happen if the Managers are different sizes? 

If you mean (b), have you looked at the replace method for Manager, using the link Simon has already provided. 

New Developer
vnlakshmi39

I want to place field on top of grid field manager. On Background of the field the parent grid field should be showing.

New Developer
vnlakshmi39

overlay images

For ex:

Suppose background one image is there if you want to place another image on that which is transparent.